Sunday, March 1, 2009

almost one

I can't believe it's already time to plan Ethan's first birthday party. I still haven't even lost the baby weight! He has grown so fast.

Here's a fast-forward look at how he's grown.

my newborn:
two months:
three months:

four months:


five months:six months:seven months: eight months:

Nine months:

ten months:
eleven months: (crawling!)


Wow, how time flies! We love our little man! He already has five teeth. Some of his new "tricks" are: crawling, saying, "mama" (only when he's sad), saying "dada", pulling himself to standing next to anything semi-sturdy, shaking his head "no" and actually meaning it, a one-handed wave (see his video below and you'll see the improvement), dancing, getting stuck under chairs, and much more. He's a fun little guy! Check back later for the highlights from his birthday!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't be fooled by this happy post. I am actually home sick right now; that's why I have time to make this post. We had been sick for almost two weeks, and were totally on the mend. We had about two days of good health, and then BAM! stuffy noses, sneezing, coughing, sore throats, and pink eye. Yep. No fun.

Oh, and if you look closely at the pictures above, you'll notice Baby Ethan's head cocked to one side. We just learned that he has Torticollis, and has to go to physical therapy once a week. Very sad, the poor bubs. It could be a lot worse, with a helmet and everything, so we are really grateful it is not very severe.

4 comments:

Kermit & Sheila Bishop Family said...

Oh, the poor bubbies! I'm glad it's not too bad. We have been going through the same thing with colds and mild flu symptoms with our family. It's the saddest when your little one has a bad cough and then pulls the most adorable sad face.

Stephanie said...

I got a great laugh out of the "how to order a pizza" post! I needed that! I'm sorry you guys have been sick. I TOTALLY know what you've been going through because we've been dealing with the same garbage around here-- except we were healthy for a whole WEEK before the sick bug hit us again. Anyhow, I hope you guys get better fast! I love all the pictures of Ethan. It is definitely hard to believe he's almost a year old. He's such a cutie! Have fun planning his party!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet little boy! They grow up so fast. I can't believe I have an almost one year old too! What are you doing for his birthday? So sad about the toricollis thing. I didn't know it was called that. You're right that it could be way worse- I knew a baby that had to wear a helmet and that was sad. Hopefully the therapy won't have to last too long. How exciting that he's crawling. YAY! And sad, because they aren't babies anymore!

Carly Ann said...

Wow! You guys make cute kids!