Sunday, November 15, 2009

no baby

This has been a hard week, to say the least. I had just announced last week that we were having a baby. Monday was my first appointment, and unfortunately, when they did the ultrasound, there was no baby. They did some bloodwork tests to make sure, and it turns out I had a molar pregnancy. I won't go into the gory details, but it's not a safe pregnancy for the mother. So they scheduled me a D & C for Friday morning. They said I lost a lot of blood during surgery, so I was in the hospital a few hours longer than anticipated, but am doing much better now. It's definitely difficult going through this, but we are pulling through. We really are going to be okay. They say we can try again in 6 months (a little further away than we'd wished, but do-able). We thank you all for your support.

9 comments:

Amber said...

i saw your status on fb and didn't know exactly what it meant and i didn't know what to say. i'm so sorry. it is a horrible experience to go through anything like that. i hope you are healing physically and that Heavenly Father will help your heart heal too. i'm thinking about you.

Nicole said...

Oh Cindy! I am sorry. You are a strong gal! Your family is in the Lord's hands. We're praying for you guys.

Raphelle said...

Sad news and surgery - no fun at all. I admire your positive attitude! So glad you're ok and that it was found early!

Erin said...

Cindy, I am very sorry. I will pray for you.

Anna said...

I'm so sorry! You'll be in our thoughts and prayers!

Jenna and Brad said...

Cindy, I am glad that you are doing okay physically. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Try to keep smiling girl!!

Marianne said...

I'm so sorry! I can't even imagine how disappointed you guys must be. I hope you're doing okay, physically and mentally. We'll remember you in our thoughts and prayers.

Trisha said...

Oh Cindy! I'm so sorry! May God bless and strengthen you and your family during this heartache.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't believe it when I read your blog. I'm so sorry. I had no idea (I haven't been on facebook for forever so if you posted things there I didn't see). I hope you are feeling okay and that the surgery wasn't too painful. I can't even imagine what you're going through. We're definitely thinking about and praying for you.