Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Alexa's Room

Cassidy gets to share her room with Alexa, and she is super-excited about it. She recently just moved into her big-girl bed and I cried. Yes, I know she's 5 1/2, but still, she was my first baby and she's getting so big! We've gone with a butterfly theme in the girls' room:
I am particulary proud of Alexa's baby mobile. I took an old junky mobile and made this:
Cassidy's bed, dresser and the changing table were all white, so I had Joel paint the crib for me to match. I love how it turned out, but I feel terrible, because I didn't realize what a huge project it would become until it was already too late. Let's hope I don't change my mind on the crib color for the next baby...
My sisters and mom helped me make Alexa's butterfly quilt:
Then I made a matching changing pad cover for the changing table. I also made these bow hangers to hang above, and love how they turned out:
That's the whole tour of the girls' room. Lots of butterflies, lots of pink, and not much space. Such is life. At least it all fits (barely).

4 comments:

Carly Ann said...

I am totally impressed! Good job Cindy!

Anonymous said...

What an adorable room! Cute mobile! I wish Evan could have come to ethan's train party! We had a train theme for his too but riding the train sounds fun. Can't wait to see pics of Alexa.

Anonymous said...

-cassie

vickersfam said...

you never cease to amaze me with your skills!