Saturday, July 30, 2011

Can you really spraypaint a fridge?

Long story short...yes you can:)



.........................



Last year Joel was the sweetest husband ever and painted our cupboards white. I didn't realize what a task I was asking of him until it was too late. Holy cow, painting your cupboards is a big job. We had a black oven and a black dishwasher, and so with our tax refund this year we bought a black microwave. (We saved the rest, in case you were thinking that was one expensive microwave!) Now the only problem remaining was our ugly white fridge. But that's an expensive fix, to the tune of $800.



Then my friend gave me this link on how to spraypaint your fridge! For real. I just had to do it. Okay, I made Joel do it. But here is the before: Well, we had bought the supplies, and had everything ready to go. Joel started to push the fridge towards the deck, but it would NOT fit through the door! So he made this bubble in our kitchen, since the epoxy paint can get really nasty. It was quite the bubble.
Joel got SO covered in the spraypaint! Thank goodness for the bubble he made; our whole kitchen would have turned black. It was making the plastic rip and stick to his shoes and was much more difficult than we anticipated.

Thankfully Joel survived with only minor side effects:)


And voila! Sorry the lighting is bad in the pic. But I couldn't be happier. Joel is one amazing guy! Oh, and he re-hung the pot rack and moved the island to its new location. It feels like a new kitchen and I love it!


*just a note - if your fridge fits out the door, this project would be a LOT easier. Town-homers like us, good luck:)

3 comments:

Stimpson Family said...

That looks great!
I remember one time I got a special kit to spray paint our bathroom sink and tub. (they were pink!) It was quite the task. I tried to do it while Lee was gone for a couple of weeks at camp. The sink turned out okay, but he had to fix the tub after a couple of months.

Chris and Kelli Ann said...

Your kitchen looks awesome, Good job!

Unknown said...

That is so great, who would've thought? It looks awesome!