Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The hiking backpackers

On Saturday I was getting ready to go to the gym and suddenly I thought, "Joel's here; why don't we go for a family hike?" So off we went spur-of-the-moment to Elephant Rock. Joel carried the hiking backpack with Cassidy in it (although she walked half-way by herself) and I carried Ethan in the baby backpack. I carried him the whole way (3 miles up and 3 miles back). I was so proud of myself! Although my shoulders wanted to die after.
Joel and Cassidy liked to run off ahead and jump out and "scare" me and Ethan. It was great fun. The only problem was that Ethan doesn't like it when I stop walking; the non-motion wakes him up. So I never got any breaks.
This is a crazy week. Today I was at the Jr. High setting up my classroom, which is a disaster, by the way. I have a lot of work to do. Tomorrow and the next day we have cub scout day-camp which I am not supposed to take kids to (it's so impossible), then Thursday evening I am helping throw a shower for my cousin's wedding and I need to make decorations and buy a gift. Meanwhile, we are packing up our apartment and living in boxes, getting everything ready for our closing and the move (we're moving July 5). So why I am spending my precious time blogging, I can't say. I guess sometimes I just need an outlet, and this will do, since I certainly don't have time for scrapbooking right now. So thanks for dealing with my rambling.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Cindy! It's Steph (Bingham) Bradshaw! I love your blog. Hey, you're moving to Clearfield? I live in Layton so we'll be neighbors. :) Your kids are adorable. Tell Joel hi as well and check out our blog if you have a chance. Hope all is well!

Stephanie said...

I am SO impressed that you guys made it all the way to Elephant Rock! We've gone some/most of the way before, but never made it all the way to the top with kids. We'll have to give it another shot... Anyhow, good luck with the moving! Let us know if we can do anything to help you out. It definitely sounds like a crazy time for ya'all, so I hope things run smoothly!

Nicole said...

Dani's blog is robdani.blogspot.com.
Mine is lovingthemadness.blogspot.com.

Megan said...

Wow, it is so good to see what you're up to!! Cassidy and Ethan are adorable...almost goes without saying that Cassidy is soooo much bigger than when I saw her. And now you have two! So cool. Ya, Harry will be on the move soon...time flies. Oh-that's also so neat you'll be teaching again!