Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I got a job!

Everything has happened so fast lately. I had a preliminary interview this past Thursday with the district. It did not seem to go very well, as most of the questions were based on negative things, such as: "Tell me about the worst discipline problem that happened during your student teaching and how did you handle it?" Well, since I had two students fighting, I sent them straight to the principal's office. Most questions were like this, and did not showcase what went well in my student teaching. I was honest, though...I knew they would see right through me if I said that students talking too loudly was the worst thing that had happened. I kept waiting for the questions to be positive, though, such as: "What worked well in your classroom?" or "What teaching strategies did you find most effective?" But the questions never got that far. I don't know why I am dwelling on this aspect of the interview, though, because four days later I got a call from the principal at the Jr. High and he wanted me to come in for an "interview". So this time I was more prepared with all my perfect responses. Well, he didn't ask me one single question. He just started telling me about his school and then offered me the job! So, long story short...I will be teaching French part-time in Jr. High in the fall. Hooray! It is the perfect job for me, because I hate teaching math (even though I love tutoring it, go figure). Plus, I still want to spend a lot of time at home with my kids.

Oh yah, Baby Ethan laughed for his first time the other day. It was SO cute! We even caught it on Camera. If I can ever figure out how to post videos, I might post it.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hi! I'm so excited you've joined the world of bloggers! I love all the pictures you've posted. I've got to get more pictures up on my blog. Congrats on landing the French-teaching job! And I'm so excited you guys get to move into a bigger place. Your townhouse sounds SO cute! I'm confident that we'll get a chance to see it, too... :-) By the way, Ethan looks so much like Cassidy in some of the pictures! He's darling!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new job! How cute that baby Ethan laughed- I can't wait til Evan does! They get to meet in a few weeks! YAY!

vickersfam said...

Wow, congrats on the job! You were always so good in our French class at WSU, so it shouldn't surprise me. Good luck with preparing for teaching...especially at jr. high!
I'm glad we can keep in touch through blogging now. Tell Michelle to get on the blog scene and feel free to check out mine at http://rodandnat.blogspot.com. I'm not a great blogger, but a far worse scrapbooker (opposite as you), so at least it's something!
Love ya, Natalie

Unknown said...

How exciting!! Congrats!~