Saturday, May 31, 2008

Swimming in the "baffies"




With a new baby at home I sometimes feel like we don't get out enough, especially with Cassidy. She is always wanting to get out; she can't get enough of the outdoors. So now that the pool in our neighborhood is open, I took her both yesterday and today. She LOVES swimming in the "baffies" (she thinks a pool is a big tub). You would think that she would be so happy and think that I am a great mom. On the contrary. Each time I have had to drag her out of the pool. She looks like a raisin and is shivering cold by the time I pull her out. Then she screams at me the entire rest of the day that she wants to go swimming. Today Joel told me she was calling me "so mean!" But that is just how she says "swimming." Today she screamed so much she gave me a migraine. I don't know what to do. I don't want to keep her in all day long, but I cannot reward her behavior.

On a bright note, baby Ethan is perfect as ever. I have cut down on his medicine and he seems to be doing all right. He still spits up a ton, but it doesn't seem to bother him as much as it did last month. I love seeing his little rolls. It's how I know that he's definitely getting enough to eat.

Joel is doing well at his job. We are so happy that everything is falling into place, with our future home and my future job. I really do love my life and I love my kids (yes, both of them). Today Cassidy made up a song about ants and bugs...and then of course, the song had to mention Cinderella. She loves her little brother very much and loves to "help" out.

1 comments:

Erin said...

I can't believe how much your kids look like...both of you, but mostly like each other!