Friday, December 12, 2008

My Christmas Gift to the Savior

Christmas is my favorite time of year. I love the way cities light up, the way people come together giving to others; I love the hustle and bustle of shopping in the crowded stores. I love sledding (when there's snow...), making ginger-bread houses, the smell of my Christmas candle. And I love the music. Ah, the music. But there is one thing in particular that makes Christmas the most special time of year to me.
Each year my family gets together on Christmas Eve. We spend time together eating dinner, acting out the nativity scene, and each of us gets to unwrap one present. But my favorite part of the evening is when we give our "gifts" to the savior for his birth (like the three wisemen). We sit together, and, as our gifts to the Savior, we share our testimonies of the gospel. It is truly my favorite night of the year. This year, my heart is very full, and so I would like to share my testimony of the Savior with all of you. I know that my savior came to this earth as a tiny infant in the most humble circumstances. He lived a perfect life, and set the perfect example to follow. I know He suffered in Gethsemane for our sins. My sins. It hurts me to know that he suffered because of me. But I am thankful that He did. He lived and died for us so that we may repent of our sins and come to Him. And because of Him we may return to live with our Father in Heaven once more. I am so thankful to Him for all He has done for me. I know he knows each one of us. He knows our needs and our trials. And He is there to comfort us.
He is my Lord, my Redeemer.
I am so thankful for this knowledge, and to know that I am a daughter of God. I know He loves us and wants us all to return to Him someday. I pray that this Christmas season, we may all take the time to remember why we celebrate Christmas.
Merry Christmas, everyone!

0 comments: