Monday, December 14, 2009

A Happy Post

...okay, well it's mostly a happy post. I'll give the bad news first. My grandpa ("Papa") died yesterday. But it's not really bad news, because he wanted to go. He has been without my grandma for 15 years, and in lots of pain for the past few years. I will miss him, but I know that he is with his sweetie now.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Onto the happy stuff...I am feeling better each day, and hope to be off bed rest soon, because I am going stir-crazy! Plus, if I can't get out of the house, I will need to hire someone to finish my Christmas shopping! I still can't laugh or pick up the kids, but I'm hoping that will change soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------

We went to see Santa last week and Cassidy was very brave. She had rehearsed the entire scene with me prior, so she spouted off her list flawlessly. But, just as one child becomes brave, the next one suddenly is not. Ethan wouldn't sit on his lap, so Joel had to hold him. At Newgate Mall they let us take the pictures ourself (just fyi).
----------------------------------------------------------
Cassidy had her dance recital Saturday night. I was still quite sick, but I couldn't miss it! She did SO well! She is now the oldest and tallest in her class, which is so funny! She was in the very middle, and she was smiling and doing the moves full-out! It was nice to see her do well for once, so I can feel justified paying for the class each month!
---------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you all have a Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

megwild said...

Cindy, you have such a cute family! I have had you in my thoughts reading about your family events over the past little bit. I hope things get turned around really quick. Where are you living these days? It would be fun to have a playdate when you are feeling up to it.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness-I just read your last posts- you have been through it all. So they did the surgery and thought you were fine and they had no idea you had the internal bleeding? That's really scary. I'm glad you are feeling a little better. I'm sorry about your grandpa too.
Cassidy is precious in her dance outfit. I bet her recital was adorable. I sent a present from amazon.com so it doesn't have my name on it all- so if you get a random package it's from me! Merry Christmas :)

Unknown said...

I am glad you are continuing to get better. I hope you are back to normal soon so you can enjoy the holiday!!

Your kids are so cute and Cassidy in her costume is to die for! :)

Steve & Heather said...

Hey Cindy I didn't know that you had to go through so many surgeries! It looks like you've had a long couple of months. Let me know if you need anything (Christmas shoppoing wrapping gifts, meals, cleaning babysitting). I'm availble in the evnings after work. I don't live that far from you. Call me 801-458-6547.