Friday, December 11, 2009

I'm still alive

That's the good news.

_____________


The bad news?

I had another surgery. And I lost a lot of blood again (600 cc's). After the surgery, they said all was well and sent me on my way. I went home in quite a bit of pain, took a nap and woke up to a WHOLE HECKA TONSA PAIN all over my body, esp. the tummy and shoulders. I called my doctor in tears, and he said to come back in for a laparoscopy (a teeny camera that goes through the belly button). They found that I was bleeding internally (400 cc's), so they performed a laparotomy to suck it all out. I stayed the night at the hospital and got home today around noon.


I am doing better gradually, but am still in a lot of pain. I can hardly move and am on bed rest. I can't even lift my own baby, and it breaks my heart. I can't even laugh or cry without pain. So please, keep away the jokes and sad stories. But I know reading this must bring you down, and I don't want to do that, so here's a funny pic:


Have a great day! I really do appreciate all the love and support of my friends and family. You guys are the best!

9 comments:

Chefwife said...

Cindy, I'm so sorry. But I'm glad they are getting you taken care of. What a scary thing to go through. And I love the uplifting pic of Cassity, she is adorable. Miss you guys!

Amber said...

oh cindy, i'm so sorry that this has been such a difficult and painful ordeal. i hope that your body will heal quickly.

Meg said...

I've been on bedrest before. (not with kids though . . .) I suggest Netflix, a good book and Keva Juice. Glad you are healing.

Raphelle said...

YIKES! Did your doctor give you a reason for all the excess bleeding? Sounds miserable! Feel better soon and enjoy being waited on hand and foot!

carol said...

I hope your recovery is quick! Maybe there is something for you to "see" from your bed that you wouldn't see otherwise? I've been trying to find the purpose in my trials lately and although I haven't seen it yet, its gotta be there somewhere! Thanks again for the tickets last night. I wish I would have been able to take them myself, but we'll both have to watch the dvd next Christmas, won't we?

Roadrunner said...

I am sorry for you pain and loss! I wish there was more I can do than read you blog. Know that my best wishes go to you and your family.

Marianne said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry! I'm glad you're home now. I know it's so hard not to pick up your sweet kids, but look at it this way- when else do you get the excuse to lay in bed all day? Let us know if we can do anything to help out! I hope you feel better soon.

vickersfam said...

I've really been out of the blogging world lately, so I just found out about your molar pregnancy and all these complications. So sorry you've had to go through all this. I'm glad things are looking better though. Best of luck resting and healing. You'll be in our prayers.
Love, Natalie

Anna said...

I'm so sorry Cindy!