Monday, June 14, 2010

crafty day

I was feeling pretty crafty the other day, so I ran to the DI and got some used frames.
Actually, I had been inspired last Wednesday when we made this whiteboard (glassboard, really) at our Relief Society Activity:
I got some extra vinyl letters, because they were the wrong size at first. So the other day I made this extra one. Watch out...next birthday or wedding, you're getting a to-do list:
I found a nicely framed The Living Christ, but I already have one framed out with pictures of Christ, so I stuck in a proclamation and painted the frame black:
These next ones are my favorites. I found some crafty wooden frames and used mod-podge to glue on scrapbook paper. Then I painted the edges and added some ribbon, and our engagement photo. I LOVE how it turned out and it matches our room so perfectly!

This was the true reason for my DI excursion. I needed something to hang my necklaces on so they won't get tangled in my jewelry box anymore. Again, it's scrapbook paper mod-podged to a frame, with a mirror in the middle. I added some ribbon again, 3 nails, and voila! I'm so proud of it! I haven't had such a crafty day in a long time! So, here's my question: is it good as is, or would it be cuter if I got some white vinyl lettering down the side that says "Jewels" or something? Let me know...

This last one I did a couple months ago, but I figured it couldn't hurt to include it in my crafty post. It's in Cassidy's room and holds all her bows. So cute, but I didn't realize how fast it would fill up! I need longer ribbons.
hehe; I love crafting!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those all look great! I love craft days. I think you should leave the jewelry hanger as is. Less is more, is my motto... in some things ;) Too cute!

Kermit & Sheila Bishop Family said...

I forgot to come upstairs and look at these adorable crafts you made the last time I was there. So fun and cute! I actually disagree w/Dari. I think it needs a little something, and some vinyl lettering would look great! Luv Ya!