Saturday, October 16, 2010

first day of school...long overdue!

For Cassidy's birthday in August she got a new bike and helmet, so we decided to get Ethan a helmet, too, since he FLIES down our little slanted street on his little push bike. His first time wearing the helmet, he turfed really bad and did a somersault. His helmet saved him.Cassidy loves her new bike.
Their helmets are the same size, and Ethan's fits tighter. hmm...
Silly kids
pretending to sleep
Cassidy's first day of kindergarten:
I so would have cried if I was there, but I had to work. So Joel took these pictures:(
She loves taking the bus. But Ethan thinks she rides it around all day, and then comes home. If I tell him that Cassidy is at school, he says, "no, Cassidy a school bus."
Cassidy and Bailee
Ethan gets really bored without Cassidy around. He climbed in the ottoman and told me he was sleeping. He was only pretending. Then 2 minutes later I looked again, and he was out for real.
So cute!
----------------------------------------
I should probably update on all the Kieper happenings, since I haven't posted since August. School is going well. I only teach every other day, and I can't tell you how nice that is! I feel so spoiled. The High School students aren't quite as energetic but I'm getting used to it. I do miss my crazy, always-volunteering jr. high kids.
---
We had a Chinese Teacher move into our house for the school year. She rents a room downstairs. It's been pretty great. She enjoys spending time with the children and teaching them some Chinese, but also keeps to herself a lot. So I don't feel like my space is totally gone. We have enjoyed taking her places, especially the fair. I think the fair is the most funny and perfect place to experience American Culture. She was in shock.
---
If you didn't gather from the last post, we are expecting baby #3! The due date is April 8. Gender is still unknown, but the doc says we'll probably figure it out next time, so in about 2 weeks. We're thinking the baby is a giant baby boy (because the baby measured large at the last appt.), but we'll keep you posted!

0 comments: