Sunday, July 26, 2009

July

July has been a pretty busy month. On July 4, we all ran the Freedom Run 5k and Joel pushed the kids!Then it was off to the parade where Cassidy was on a float for her dance class.Then our neighborhood threw this huge awesome block party with blow-up toys, barbecue, slip-n-slides... and yet somehow our wagon became quite the hit of the party. My sister Sheila and her kids came, too.Ethan had lots of fun. He actually was strapped in the wagon at first so he couldn't run away while I was feeding him dinner. Well, I kept getting distracted and would look over and the wagon with Ethan inside would be far away, because the kids were all pulling it around. So then I strapped him into my sister's stroller:
Then we walked to fireworks that night. We turn so many heads with our awesome wagon and trailer! I love that thing.
Then Girls Camp was July 14. It was crazy, but fun. I was at Girls' Camp on my birthday, so we celebrated a week later by going to Snowbird and doing all the fun stuff: zipline, alpine slide, tram, rock-climbing wall, scenic chair lifts and hiking. It was so so fun; I can't think of a more fun date Joel and I have had EVER.

I somehow missed the memo that there would be snow up there and was wearing flip-flops. We hiked down from the tram to the next chair lift and went over some pretty large patches of melty snow {slush}. My feet nearly froze and I was slip-sliding everywhere, yet Joel was laughing at me the whole time.the chairlift down:
For the 24th we went up the canyon with the fam and had a fire, roasting hot-dogs and making s'mores. Note to self: next year, wait until after Labor Day to make a fire. It was too stinkin' hot! Nobody wanted to get near the fire. But we had Ethan strapped in the stroller so he wouldn't get too close to the fire. Finally when we let him out, he was so excited and was all over the place!
What does this picture have to do with anything? Nothing, really...I just thought it was cute. And technically, it was taken in July. The kids love their swings daddy hung for them:)
Oh, and Cassidy is taking swimming lessons. It's SO funny! She thinks she's a mermaid or something. Her teacher will ask her to kick, and she will do it in slow-motion with this princess-look on her face. It looks like synchronized swimming. She's our little weirdo! (Sorry, no pics. Pictures at the indoor pool turn out horrible)

2 comments:

Elaine Duree said...

Your "lil" fam looks SO HAPPY I LOVE TO SEE THAT!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds (and looks) like fun! I love that you were wearing flip-flops in the snow-nice!
It was way fun to see you and your cute kids. I'm still dying to see pictures of the princess dress!