Friday, June 10, 2011

I hate vegetables

Warning--This post is very grumpy and probably belongs in a personal journal. Feel free to skip it!


--------------------------------

I hate vegetables. There, I said it. I hate them. I pretend to like carrots, broccoli and corn, but even those don't excite my tastebuds. I really should eat healthier and would love to be skinnier, so I have been trying to eat more fruit. But we have a problem there, as well. I am allergic to WAY too many fruits! The only one I can think of that I have never had a reaction to is bananas. And let's face it--they have the shelf-life of like a day.
Now I'm not saying I need an epi-pen everytime I eat an apple, but the reactions vary from itchy lips and throat with peaches, extreme sore throats with too much melon (all melons), to itchy, puffy eyes when I touch my eyes after eating many fruits-apples, peaches, pears, grapes, melon...the list goes on. I know, I know. Don't touch your eyes. Easier said than done. *Yes, I have heard that it may be the chemicals or pesticides they spray the fruits with. But that doesn't explain the melon, PLUS I'm way too cheap to go organic.
Anyway, this is all just another excuse. I should eat healthier. Lately I have been VERY upset with the scale. I have been being careful with what and when I eat (like not eating after 9 pm), exercising daily...but there are quite a few pounds that just won't move. Please, don't comment on here about how I look, I'm not looking for affirmation. I just need to vent. I know I should just be happy with the size I am, especially sine I just had a baby. I admit, I'm not huge. But it would be nice to see the scale move down, rather than up. Seriously, it has gone up more often recently than down. Stupid scale.
And do you know what makes me really mad? I have been jogging for a while now, and I am still slower than mud. I don't blame the effort, I blame the weight. It's like I'm wearing a backpack of the pregnancy weight I put on and it slows me down! So if I could lose the weight, I could run faster. But perhaps if I could run faster, I would lose the weight. Grrrrr. I had my 5k time down to 26 minutes last year. I know that's not great, but it was great for me. And I had great intentions of hopping right back into it this year. I think I may be lucky to come out with a time of 35 minutes at the 4th of July 5k.
The food thing is really hard for me, too. I really am a fat girl inside. I rarely ever truly feel full. Even after a full meal. I can eat more than half of a large pizza by myself...actually, I could probably eat the whole thing if I didn't stop myself. I always have to stop myself eating. Someone who doesn't get full shouldn't get hungry, right? Like their stomach has no feeling? Wrong. I am the hungriest person I know. It doesn't seem fair.
Wow, actually writing this down is making me realize what a spoiled brat I am. Waaa, I had a baby 2 months ago and I'm not super-thin and fast. I am lame, so I apologize. Perhaps I should hide this in my journal and not broadcast it on the Internet. Oh well, too late. Sorry!
*Let me warn you--I don't enjoy advice. I'm WAY too picky of an eater and too lazy of a cook to take any food advice. I promise, it will just make me feel guilty for what I don't & won't do. I really just needed to vent.

3 comments:

Cindy said...

My dear Cindy, I love you so much. I am sorry you hate vegetables, ect ect. I offer no advice, just love. I love you. (this is the part where you say you love me to)

Love, Joel

Cindy said...

hahaha. What a sweet hubby I have!

Camille Crandall said...

To my sweet cousin: I won't give you any advice or affirmations... Ok I have to say it you DO look great for having 3 kids!! And it could be so much worse ha ha but it's good to stay motivated. ANYWAY not my point. I came to post only about the not being a fast runner! I did some research on this, and it says it's not about the speed it's about MOVING! Walking is actually number one on the list for most effective workouts. I have proof! I'm not a fast runner, and probably never will be, but I was relieved to find out that as long as your moving, your burning calories. And more people go consistently walking than running. One thing that helps Andrew and I, call us silly but we wear pedometers, and have a goal of 10,000 steps per day. We sit all day at work, and so I believe the stat that says the average american moves between 2000-5000 steps per day. I'm sure you get a lot in just being a busy Mom. So give yourself a pat on the back, and don't be too hard on yourself. sorry that was long, ha ha love you!