Sunday, June 12, 2011

What's Up?

So I used to be fairly good at keeping the blog updated. I choose not to let myself feel guilty, though. This blog is supposed to be something I enjoy, not something I feel obligated to do. That's how I feel about things like scrapbooking. I was in the mood to scrapbook (and had the time) a lot when Cassidy was small. And she has a bunch of scrapbooks dedicated just to her (nine, to be exact). Ethan has two, and I feel like that's plenty. And now it's probably time to embrace the idea of just a "family" scrapbook and so that is what Alexa will have. Oh well; we love her just the same!

--------------

So this post is updating you on what you've missed:


First up, Alexa fits (or should I say "used to fit") in Cassidy's dolly bed! Cassidy had her dance recital in May and did VERY well! It was her best performance by far.

She also graduated kindergarten:

I had to go back for 2 days of work, which was so silly! So I just brought Baby Alexa with me. No kids showed up to class besides asking for yearbook signatures, so it wasn't a problem. (Don't worry, I know it's a public blog. My principal was in on the action:)

Alexa has been smiling more and is so close to laughing! We keep trying everything to get that little giggle out.

And Baby Alexa turned 2 months! She is big and healthy.

Now that summer's here (at least the school calendar says so), the kids are in swim lessons. Ethan (in yellow, schmoozing over the cutie on his right) went to class and we realized that his teacher was my French student! Cassidy is also next to a kid in yellow. We were excited that their swim lessons were side-by-side, so I can watch them both. The kids love swim lessons and were counting down the days until they began!

Joel is such a sweetheart and worked for a full day sanding and staining our deck last week. Then, when he was nearly finished, he stood up to stretch, leaned back against our window and "crack!" The window cracked in a spiderweb-like fashion. Of course I was frustrated, but I felt so bad for the guy. What a reward for all his hard work.

At least the deck looks good!

0 comments: